As a result, the process of diffusion of polyethylene molecules in the contact zone occurs, and a weld is formed. The welding temperature is maintained automatically.
Each weld is tested and a welding log is kept.
The process of resistance welding of polymer roll materials consists of the following operations:
- Rolls of polymeric materials are laid with an overlap with overlap of the edges of the edges by 10-15 cm, without wrinkles and folds.
- Cleans the seam area from moisture, dust, dirt, any kind of debris.
- The welding machine with preset welding modes is installed at the beginning of the seam and turned on. Moving along the edges of the laid panels, welding is performed.
Checking the seam tightness is carried out by supplying excess air pressure to the test channel (not earlier than 1 hour after welding) in the following sequence:
- a fitting with a pressure gauge for air supply is connected to one of the ends of the seam;
- air is supplied and the “permeability” of air along the entire length of the seam is checked;
- the opposite end of the seam is clamped, compressed air is supplied under the required pressure for one minute;
- The air supply stops and the seam are kept under this pressure for 5-7 minutes. The seam is considered to be tight if after 5-7 minutes the pressure on the seam drops by no more than 20%. When opening the opposite end of the seam, air should come out of the seam with cotton.